Saturday, October 02, 2010

Ocean Appreciation Day

Ocean Appreciation Day. At least that's what we call it when we enjoy a day by the water. This afternoon was spent out at Clearwater Beach. Today's weather was absolutely perfect. I spent most of the afternoon reading in my beach chair while the sun's gentle rays kept me warm. Today was the first days in months that the sun has not beat down with such intensity that one must seek shelter from it. What a wonderful relief! We stayed on the beach until sunset, then went to dinner at our favorite beach restaurant, Frenchy's.



Even though there is almost always a wait to get into Frenchy's, who could really mind when the "waiting room" is sitting in the sand at the beach? Frenchy's is directly on the beach, just a few steps away from where we camped out this afternoon.


Tonight's sunset



Sunset crowd

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

What a gorgeous day! I'm glad you had a nice and relaxing day at the beach. This post makes me homesick for you and Johnny...wish I could have sat in a beach chair next to you and relaxed the day away!